I’m very excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger. Thank you April for nominating me and reading my blog. (Please check out her blog From Diapers and Tutus to Meetings and Board Rooms.) I feel honored you chose me. I did a real “awwww” out loud when I found out what this was all about. It’s a fun thing to be able to take part in, and I really appreciate this.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am half Korean, a quarter Finnish, and some other white things.
- I facilitate a weekly Co-Occurring Disorders group for people who have substance use problems in addition to an eating disorder.
- I love horror movies. They really scare me now too since I have become more of an adult in the past 10’ish years.
- I love to drink Chai lattes, but it has to be the Tazo concentrate that Starbucks uses.
- Before my kids, I was an annual kickball player on a team called Westside for 5 years. One year I was captain, but then I got pregnant, and sliding into bases and diving for balls don’t mix with pregnancy.
- We just bought a house on Friday, April 22nd, 2014.
- I love my Trash the Dress photos after getting married, and I’m a couple months pregnant in the pictures.
- I am good at working with adolescents, and I have been doing it for the past 12 years of my life.
- I like karaoke. I’m not a good singer, but I’m okay. I like to do Shoop by Salt n’ Pepa.
- I brew my own kombucha and am addicted.
- Give me bold, bright colors. I am not a wear black, white, or some other neutral shade person. I wear these neutral colors, but not without a bright cardigan, scarf, tights, shoes or something.
Here are my nominees. These are people in the blogging world who I have found to be intriguing. Please check out their blogs.
- Ever Changing
- Ladytopia Wellness
- Mermaid For a Day
- Living with Post Concussion Syndrome and EVERYTHING in Between
Here are the questions April has asked me to answer:
If you could go back in time to any era which would you choose and why?
Answer: I would want to go back in time to the existence of the Egyptians. I want to see the pyramids be built.
Who is your favorite character and from which book/movie?
Answer: I like Buffy of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I’ve seen every episode and I dig female leads that kick butt.
If there was a title to describe your life, then what would it be?
Answer: Where are my Keys?
What is the one thing that you have done as a younger you, that you hope your children never find out about?
Answer: I really don’t have an answer to this one. I was a pretty good kid and would be open to sharing my experiences with them (within appropriateness). Maybe I’d like to keep the fact that I used to curl then rat my bangs from the. Although there is some photo evidence.
If you were stranded on a desert island what is the one item that you could not be without?
Answer: A journal and a pen (I know, that’s two.) I don’t keep one now, but I would spend my time writing and sketching on a deserted island.
What was your first pet?
Answer: When I was six my parents finally got me a cat, which I had wanted so badly. It’s name was “Tuffy”. I’m allergic to cats now.
What is the one thing that you have always wanted to do, but never did?
Answer: I always wanted to go to Mardi Gras when I was young, but I never did go. I don’t have that desire anymore.
What is your favorite movie?
Answer: Elf. There’s so much heartbreak I deal with in my work that I have come to adore comedies, and Will Ferrell movies are my favorite.
If you could travel anywhere you wanted then where would you go?
Answer: Italy. It’s my dream vacation. Someday I hope to be able to afford to go and see the colosseum in Rome, ride in a gondola in Venice, and drink wine and eat well in Tuscany.
If money was no object, then what would your dream job be?
Answer: I would be a wedding photographer in Mexico. I would love to be able to make people feel beautiful through photography for their destination weddings.
If you could have one wish, then what would it be?
Answer: Good health for all of my loved ones.
And last of all, here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is the last store you shopped at (don’t count grocery stores)?
- What is the story of your name?
- If you could own a wild animal as a pet, what kind of animal would you choose?
- What were you doing when you found out about 9/11?
- Who are some of your celebrity crushes?
- Who was your last hug from and when was it?
- If you had to live somewhere else then you do now, what city would you move to?
- How many of the 7 Dwarves can you name off the top of your head?
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- What is one movie you think everyone should see?
- What is something you find to be inspirational?