It’s my 1-year blogversery. I’ve learned lots about blogging, and I have increased my own self-awareness, so I’m all in for year 2. Although I’m not going to set an official resolution this year around blogging, I do intend to blog with more consistency this year (I will not go on a three-month hiatus). Last year at this time I wrote a post about how to set good resolutions and shared my own. You can check that post out here. I reviewed my resolutions from last year, and definitely fell short on some of them (as I always do). However, I never get down about it, because I know life changes, life gets busy. Further, I’ve spent the last two days reflecting on the year, and it was really good.
So here I go with my annual tradition. I’ve made contact with my childhood bestie to initiate accountability (part of my tradition). I’ve thought about what I’d like to accomplish this year, the things I want more of, the things I want less of, and I have thought about how I can make these things into measurable goals. I want to be more active since I have such a sedentary job, I want to be healthier, I want my kids to watch less television/iphone videos. I want to have better self-care. I want to make more time for socializing. Here’s how I shall bring these things to life. And I want to find ways to simplify my ever busy lifestyle.
In 2015. I resolve to…
- Visit the library twice a month with the kiddos to pick out some books. (Bye bye smartphone videos, hello story time).
- Join the world in Meatless Mondays. (I don’t want to wholly give up meat, but they say one day a week helps the mistreated animals).
- Create a collection of crockpot recipes. (Simplest way to make dinner and tomorrow’s lunch).
- Meet the 2000 goal on my fuel band daily. (This is really hard on work days, easy on weekends).
- Take three road trips. (There’s so much to see, our Swaggerwagon is the perfect road tripping machine, and we really create lots of memories when we travel.)
- Do my make-up when I go to work. (This may sound vain, but because I feel like I don’t have enough time, I often let myself get by on minimal. All you moms know what I mean. I feel better when I feel like I look good, and I’ve been hating work, so this is a skill I’m using called ‘Acting Opposite to Emotion’ “.
- Make a vegetable garden happen. (I need my husband’s help for this one, but I’d like to be more of a participant in this since he doesn’t care about vegetables.)
- I want to plan a monthly play date. (I miss seeing friends. I feel so busy, and I don’t make much time to socialize, so I’m going to be mindful to pick someone I haven’t seen in a while each month and invite them over or to meet up at one of the many toddler-friendly local venues.)
- Organize my picture library. (This is going to take forever, but it needs to be done).
- Explore my career options by trying to network. (I’m considering going back to school to teach graduate level students, however, I have yet to ever teach, but I think I would love it.)
That’s it. Share with me one of your resolutions, or help me attain mine. May 2015 bring you all growth, love, and prosperity.